Search Our Catalog

Belts & Buckles -
WWII Nazi German Unit Marked DLV EM/NCO'S Belt Buckle Koppelschloß
Item #: JT518
N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Silver washed, die stamped, aluminum construction, DLV EM/NCO’s box belt buckle features a pebbled outer field with a central, embossed, 1927 pattern, political style national eagle, with out-stretched wing clutching a canted, swastika on a domed, pebbled, background field which is encompassed by an embossed, circular, laurel leaf wreath. The reverse of the buckle is a mirror image of the obverse, excluding the pebbled outer field. The reverse of the buckle has the brazed buckle catch, prong bar and prongs all intact. Complete with 1936 dated and maker marked leather pull tab and is also unit marked II FLAK 24 6. BATTR.  Also on the reverse if the tab is LBA and numbered. Very unusual for a DLV buckle to be Luftwaffe unit marked.
Although there had been a civilian flying organization, entitled, DLV, Deutscher Luftfahrtverband, (German Aviation Association), formed in Bremen in 1902 it wasn’t until March 1933 that the Nazi era DLV, Deutscher Luftsportverband, (German Air Sport League), was officially established by absorbing all civilian flying organizations into a single organization, by law. The DLV consisted of a civilian section commanded by Hauptmann a.D. Bruno Loerzer with Hermann Göring as honorary president and the Fliegerschaft, (Pilot Base), the clandestine core of the newly forming Luftwaffe under control of the RLM, Reichsluftfahrtministerium (National Ministry of Aviation). Prior to this in 1931 the SA, Sturm Abteilung, (Storm Troopers), had established the NSFK e. V. Nationalsozialistisches Fliegerkorps eingetragen Verband, (National Socialist Flying Corps registered Association), in an attempt to enlist personnel who were ineligible to join the Flieger-SA. (Flight-SA), The NSFK e V. was also absorbed into the DLV in March 1933.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $325.00 USD