Search Our Catalog

Luftwaffe -
WWII Nazi German EM/NCO'S Camouflage Uniform Breast Eagle Hoheitsabzeichen für Tarnungs Anzug
Item #: VF4305
N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Machine embroidered, second pattern, (Circa 1936/1937-1945), Luftwaffe eagle, clutching a canted swastika in one talon, in silvery/gray cotton threads on a cut-out, ribbed, tan flecked, green and brown cotton twill base. The eagle’s wingspan is roughly, 90mm from wing tip to wing tip. Scarce camouflage uniform EM/NCO’s breast eagle and has been cut from the first pattern jump smock.
The Luftwaffe pattern national eagle was originally introduced for wear by Fliegerschaft, (Pilot Base), personnel of the DLV, Deutscher Luftsportsverband, (German Air Sports Association), the clandestine, civilian, forerunner of the Luftwaffe on August 18TH 1934 and was officially adopted for wear by all Luftwaffe personnel on March 1ST 1935. The original first pattern national eagle was utilized until a, slightly modified, second pattern national eagle was introduced in late 1936 or early 1937. Regulations dictated that the national eagle was to be worn on almost all headgear and on the right breast of almost all uniforms with a few minor exceptions. Officer’s ranks generally utilized hand embroidered breast eagles as opposed to the machine embroidered breast eagles as utilized by EM/NCO ranks. Of Note: Machine woven and even metal alloy national eagles were also utilized in limited quantities. Also Of Note: Officer holding ranks of Generalmajor to Generalfeldmarschall and Reichsmarschall Göring utilized gold colored accoutrements including breast eagles as opposed to the silver versions worn by all other ranks. The development of camouflage clothing and equipment had began in the German army in WWI, and continued through the Weimar Reichswehr, (National Defence Force, Circa 1919-1933), era and on into the Third Reich. The geometric splinter pattern was developed in the early 1930's and was first adopted for use with the quarter shelter/poncho in late 1931. Further developments in 1943 modified the original splinter pattern by softly blurring the distinct geometric pattern and slightly altering the coloration. This modified camouflage pattern was designated the Tan/water camouflage pattern and was once again altered in 1944 by an even stronger blurring of the distinct geometric pattern during the war. Although the Luftwaffe original utilized the army’s camouflage patterns they also developed their own camouflage patterns which were very similar with minor variations. Further camouflage pattern development continued through-out the war and additional subtly different patterns were created with the intent to equip all personnel with the same camouflage pattern but this was never achieved. The camouflage garments included field division and paratroopers jump smocks among other items.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $1,200.00 USD