Search Our Catalog

Allgemeine & Waffen SS -
WWII Nazi German Recruiting SS Sturmbannführer's Shoulder Boards Schulterstücke)
Item #: FRJ125
N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Slip on shoulder boards in interwoven matte, silver/aluminum Russian braid with orange rayon waffenfarbe mounted on a black wool bases. The shoulder boards have a narrow, black wool, slip on retaining tongues both intact.
Originally shoulder straps for Allgemeine-SS, (General-SS), EM/NCO’s personnel were introduced on May 26TH 1933 at the same time as the SA, Sturm Abteilung, (Storm Troops), shoulder straps were introduced. These first pattern shoulder straps were also worn by SS-VT, SS-Verfügungstruppe, (SS-Special Purpose Troops), and, SS-TV, SS-Totenkopfverbände units, (SS-Deaths Head units), which were to become the nucleus of the Waffen-SS, (Armed-SS). On their introduction the shoulder straps for both SS and SA personnel were identical. In July 1935 the first army style shoulder straps for EM/NCO’s were introduced to distinguish the armed SS-VT and SS-TK personnel from the political Allgemeine-SS personnel. Army style shoulder boards for Officer’s were introduced in early 1938 and in November 1939 the Waffen-SS adopted waffenfarben, (Branch of Service Colors), with each branch of service being allocated a specific, identifying, color, with pink being chosen for Panzer, (Armored), personnel which was displayed as piping on the shoulder boards. The transition to the army style shoulder boards was pretty much complete in 1939 and these army style shoulder boards would be worn by all Waffen-SS officers ranks. Of Note: Company and Field grade officers ranks originally utilized bright silver/aluminum Russian braiding on their shoulder boards until regulations of December 1939 discontinued the bright braiding for a more subdued, less visible matte braiding for camouflage purposes although the change over was never complete accomplished. Also Of Note: The RZM, Reichzeugmeisterei, (National Equipment Quartermaster), was official founded in June 1934 in Munich by the NSDAP as a Reich Hauptamt, (State Central Office), and was based on the earlier SA Quartermaster’s Department. The functions of the RZM were not only to procure and distribute items to Party formations, but also to approve chosen designs and to act as a quality control supervisor to ensure items manufactured for the Party met required specification and were standardized. Starting in late 1934 items manufactured for the SS came under the quality control of the RZM and were marked by a cloth RZM/SS approval tag. The dimensions and design of these cloth tags was altered in 1935 and this second pattern tag remained in use until early 1938, when it was replaced by a paper tag. Of Note: In 1943 the Waffen-SS assumed full control over their uniform item production and no longer fell under the authority of the RZM.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $450.00 USD