Search Our Catalog

Belts & Buckles -
Rare Imperial German Early Pre 1895 Prussian EM/NCO'S Belt Buckle Koppelschloß
Item #: VF3672
N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Early, pre 1895, two-piece brass and nickel/silver construction Prussian belt buckle. The 50mm, slightly convex, stamped metal box buckle, features, against its plain, obverse field, a crown to its domed center, encompassed by a dual rope-like border within which, against a ribbed background, is "Gott Mit Uns" (God With Us), and a spray of laurels. To the reverse is its raised buckle catch, and a metal prong bar with dual prongs, for the belt’s retaining tongue.
First introduced in 1847, the design of the buckle remained virtually unchanged until 1918. After January of 1915, these buckles, which were also used by the Prussian-dominated states of Baden, Oldenburg, Hansa and Thuringia, were made of zinc-plated sheet iron. Originally the box buckles came in a 50mm, (roughly 2 inches), width until 1895 when the width was reduced to 45mm, (roughly 1 3/4 inches), in an attempt to lighten the weight load of the field gear. Initially the buckles were produced of brass with a nickel/silver face plate until 1914 when steel construction buckles were introduced.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $150.00 USD