Search Our Catalog

Belts & Buckles -
Imperial German Early Prussian EM/NCO'S Belt Buckle Koppelschloß
Item #: VF2546
N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Beautiful, two-piece brass and nickel/silver construction Prussian belt buckle. The 45mm, slightly convex, stamped metal box buckle, features, against its plain, obverse field, a crown to its domed center, encompassed by a dual rope-like border within which, against a ribbed background, is "Gott Mit Uns" (God With Us), and a spray of laurels. To the reverse is its raised buckle catch, and a metal prong bar with dual prongs, for the belt’s retaining tongue. Leather keeper is also in excellent condition and is maker marked and dated 1912.
The standard Prussian box belt buckle was first introduced in 1847 for wear by enlisted rank personnel. Originally the box buckles came in a 50mm, (roughly 2 inches), width until 1895 when the width was reduced to 45mm, (roughly 1 3/4 inches), in an attempt to lighten the weight load of the field gear. Initially the buckles were produced of brass with a nickel/silver face plate until 1914 when steel construction buckles were introduced. This style of buckle was also used by the Prussian-dominated states of Baden, Oldenburg, Hansa and Thuringia. The belt for the field uniform was originally of tanned leather, but blackened leather was re-introduced in 1915.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $140.00 USD