Search Our Catalog

Newly Added Items

WWII Nazi German State Criminal Police Warrant Identification Disk
Item #: VF4941

Click image to enlarge
Roughly, 1 7/16" tall, 1 7/8" wide, and 1/16" thick, (3.5cm x 5cm x 2mm), die struck, non-magnetic, bronze alloy construction, horizontally oval, disc features a raised outer edge lip and the embossed national eagle, with outstretched wings, clutching a wreathed, canted swastika in it’s talons on a smooth background field to the obverse. The reverse of the disc also has the raised outer edge lip and smooth background field and features the embossed, slightly stylized Latin capitalized script, "Staatliche Kriminalpolizei", (National Criminal Police), in two lines positioned above the stamped, recipient’s personal roster number, "10575", with a fine, embossed underline. One end of the disc has a cut-out, beveled hole for attaching the neck cord positioned at the end of the second line of embossed script. Scarce police warrant disc in overall very good condition.
During the Third Reich on acceptance into full-time police service, individuals were issued a Dienstausweis, (Service Identification Card), for use as internal police identification, a Dienstpass (Service Pass), for internal police administration to record the individual’s police service record and an identifying Erkennungsmarken, (Warrant Disc/Identification Tag). They where typically suspended on a chain from either trouser braces buttons, or button holes or those on their waistcoats. (depending on whether they had the leather fob end or the metal spring ring commonly found on early Austro/German watch chains). (Dennis, thank you). The warrant discs were utilized as the official form of identification when the police were performing policing duties, arrests, crowd control, etc.. The first German police warrant discs were originally introduced by the Berlin Police in January 1810 and other police agencies soon followed suit. The first Third Reich era police warrant disc was initiated by Hermann Göring on January 17TH 1934 in his position as Preussischen Innenminister und Chef der Preussischen Polizei, (Prussian Interior Minister and Chief of the Prussian Police), for use by the Preussischen Gemeindekriminalpolizei, (Prussian Local Criminal Police). The next regulations concerning the police warrant discs were issued on July 1ST 1936 by Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler, (National Leader {of the} SS), in his newly appointed position as Chef der Deutschen Polizei im Reichsministerium des Innern, (Chief of the German Police in the National Ministry of the Interior), and introduced new discs for Geheime Staatspolizei, (Secret State Police), and the Staatliche Kriminalpolizei, (National Criminal Police). The final modification to the police warrant discs was issued on December 12TH 1940 by Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler and altered the wording to appear on the discs. Of Note: It appears the regulations for the police warrant discs of July 1ST 1936 were never enacted. The final official mention of the police warrant discs was issued in 1944 when the official designation was modified from Erkennungsmarken to Dienstmarke, (Service Mark/Identification). Of Note: The warrant discs are not to be confused with the standard "Dog Tag" identity discs. Although most police personnel did have uniforms the warrant discs were utilized when they were performing their duties in civilian clothing. A special thanks must be mentioned to Don Bible for his outstanding research in the field.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $1,750.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Hunting Association Pennant
Item #: MCJ76

Click image to enlarge
Rougly 31cm x 18cm. Green cloth construction with machine embroidered deer’s skull with antlers, between which is a mobile swastika with rays radiating out from it. Flanking the skull to the base is "D" and "J," for "Deutsche Jägerschaft" (German Hunting-association). Scarce.
Forestry and hunting in Germany enjoys a long, illustrious history and tradition that continues to the present day. On July 8TH 1933 Hermann Göring was appointed as Reichsforst und Jägermeister, (National Forestry and Hunting Master), as head of the, Reichsforstamt, (National Forestry Department), in charge of administration of all aspects of forestry and hunting including the development, maintenance and conservation of all the forests and wild game within Germany. The Reichsforstamt was sub-divided into four main departments of; Gemeinde Forst Dienst, (General Forestry Service), Privat Forst Dienst, (Private Forestry Service), Heeres Forst Dienst, (Army Forestry Service), and the Luftwaffe Forst Dienst, (Air-force Forestry Service).
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $480.00 USD

WWII SMALL 18mm German Nazi NSDAP Membership Badge Parteiabzeichen
Item #: VF4939

Click image to enlarge
Smaller 18mm size, membership badge awarded to all personnel on acceptance as an official party member. Die struck alloy badge NSDAP membership badge with multi-colored enamel work. Badge features a translucent red, circular outer border with embossed silvered script, "National-Sozialistiche-D.A.P.", encompassing a white enamel field with canted black enamel swastika. Pebbled field is visible below the translucent red enameled outer border. Reverse well marked Ges Gesch.
The NSDAP, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (National Socialist German Worker’s Party), was originally founded in Munich as the DAP, Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (German Worker’s Party), on January 5TH 1919. When Adolf Hitler joined the DAP in the autumn of 1919 he was to reform what was basically a debating society into an active political party. Appointed as the first chairman of the party on July 29TH 1921 Hitler was to restructure it along para-military lines in a hierarchy of four levels of government. Of Note: In late 1934 items manufactured for the NSKK, including membership pins, came under the quality control of the RZM, Reichzeugmeisterei, (National Equipment Quartermaster) and as a result were marked with the RZM logo when appropriate. Of Note: The RZM was official founded in June 1934 in Munich by the NSDAP as a Reich Hauptamt, (State Central Office), and was based on the earlier SA Quartermaster’s Department. The functions of the RZM were not only to procure and distribute items to Party formations, but also to approve chosen designs and to act as a quality control supervisor to ensure items manufactured for the Party met required specification and were standardized.
Price: $125.00 USD (Sale Pending)

WWII Nazi German Italian African Campaign Medal
Item #: VF4938

Click image to enlarge
Early, die struck bronze medal features two embossed, high relief, stylized gladiators, representing Germany and Italy, slaying a crocodile, representing Great Britain to the obverse. The reverse has the embossed likeness of the Feleni arch, the Royal Knot of the House of Savoy, a fasces and a swastika. The outer border of the reverse has embossed script in both Italian and German, "Campagna Italo-Tedesca in Africa", and, "Italienisch-Deutscher Feldzug in Afrika" (Italian-German Campaign in Africa). The obverse of the medal has the embossed designer's and manufacturer's names, "De Marchis" and, "Lorioli Milano" respectively. The medal has an integral ribbon suspension bar and comes complete with an original ribbed rayon ribbon in both the German and Italian national colors.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $115.00 USD

WWII Nazi German HJ Clothing Diamond W/ RZM Tag Removed From Tunic
Item #: VF4937

Click image to enlarge
A standard pattern HJ diamond insignia for wear on a wide variety of clothing. Roughly 100mm tall by 55mm wide, machine woven, vertical diamond with red top and bottom and white side quarters and a central white square with a canted black swastika. Marked "Ges. Gesch" (Patent Pending) embroidered to one end. Complete with original RZM tag. Removed from the tunic.
The origins of the Hitler Jugend, (Hitler Youth), may be traced back to March 1922 with the formation of the Jugendbund der NSDAP, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (Youth League of the National Socialist German Worker's Party), under control of the SA, Sturmabteilung, (Storm/Assault Detachment). In April 1924 the Jugendbund der NSDAP was renamed Grossdeutsche Jugendbewegung (Greater German Youth Movement), and on July 4TH 1926 the Grossdeutsche Jugendbewegung was officially renamed Hitler Jugend Bund der deutschen Arbeiterjugend, (Hitler Youth League of German Worker Youth). In 1933 the Hitler Youth introduced the HJ diamond as their organizational emblem and featured it on a wide variety of flags, pennants and clothing items.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $45.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Bahnschutzpolizei Unterwachrmeister’s Shoulder Board Schulterstück
Item #: VF4953

Click image to enlarge
Slip on pattern. The upper surface of the board is comprised of dual rows of black rayon cord, with the outside two being segmented with narrow silver chevrons, with a silver-washed winged railway insignia with the numeral 30. Its stiff, black wool underlay, which extends along the edge to form visible piping.
The Bahnschutzepolizei, (Railway Protection Police), were established, by the RBD in 1933 with volunteers from the SA and SS, to protect the railway network. Originally they wore a navy blue uniform, but this was eventually changed to blue/gray circa 1941.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $75.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Full Röhm SA Dagger by Carl Eickhorn
Item #: MCJ75

Click image to enlarge
Double edged, nickel/silver plated, drop forged steel blade with a low central ridge. E. Rohm honor daggers were granted to members of the SS/SA who had either had interrupted service since December 31st 1931 or those who transferred from the Hitler Youth prior to December 31st 1931. The entire "In herzlicher kameradschaft Ernst Röhm” motto is completely intact and is positioned exactly where it should be! The crossgrain shines quite nicely in the light and can be seen the full length of the blade. The obverse of the blade has the acid etched Fraktur script motto, "Alles für Deutschland", (All for Germany), which is crisp and well defined. The manufacturers acid etched logo which consists of two vertically oval border lines encircling script, "Carl Eickhorn Solingen", which in turn encompasses the likeness of a seated squirrel. This example of the Eickhorn logo is believed to have been introduced in 1931 and utilized until roughly late 1934. The dagger has the early, cast, solid, nickel/silver crossguard, pommel, and tang nut which all show a nice, even, light, age patina. The dagger has a very nicely formed walnut grip which has a nice snug fit to both the top and bottom fittings. The grip has nicely inset solid nickel/silver national eagle and nickel/silver and enameled runic SA button both intact. The dagger comes with its original coppery brown anodized sheet metal scabbard with solid nickel/silver fittings. Both fittings retain their original dome headed securing screws and the top fitting also retains its hanger suspension loop and ring. The weight and balance of the scabbard would seem to indicate it still has its original internal lead counterweight insert intact. The construction materials, scabbard finish, manufacturers mark, lack of an RZM code, and the internal counterweight are all indicative of manufacture in the proper time period between 1933 and mid-1934. Shows the expected age and use. Of Note: It is estimated that the Röhm dedication dagger was awarded to 125,960 SA personnel with an additional 9,900 SS pattern daggers awarded to SS personnel for a grand total of 135,860 daggers awarded. Dagger comes complete with brown leather hanger with oval, pronged, solid nickel/silver buckle and friction clip.
The SA M33 service dagger was the first dagger officially sanctioned by the NSDAP and was introduced on December 15TH 1933. The dagger was intended as an ornamental item and the design was based on the traditional 16TH century Swiss "Holbein" hunting dagger. On February 3RD 1934 SA-Stabschef Ernst Röhm introduced a special version of the standard SA M33 dagger with the acid etched dedication, "In herzlicher Freundschaft Ernst Röhm", (In heartfelt Comradeship Ernst Röhm), in a facsimile of Röhm’s handwriting to the reverse of the blade. This Röhm dedication dagger was intended for award to all SA personnel who had served honorably in the SA prior to December 31ST 1931 and were still members in good standing. Due to Röhm’s increasingly left wing socialist ideals and the strength and influence of the SA under his command, Hitler found himself in the uncomfortable position of having to reign him and the SA in, as they were alienating the army and the right wing industrialists that the NSDAP needed in order to maintain power. As a result it was decided that Röhm must be eliminated and on June 30TH 1934 during the Night of the Long Knives, Röhm was assassinated and regulations of July 4TH 1934 dictated that all vestiges of him were to be eradicated including the dedications on the SA daggers.
Shipping Weight: 3 lbs
Your Price $5,000.00 USD

WWII US Army 29th Division D-day Used Painted Front Seam Combat Helmet w/ Net
Item #: VF4934

Click image to enlarge
​​​​​This exquisite 29th Division painted helmet retains most of it's original cork finished olive drab paint. The liner is maker marked to Firestone. A two-piece helmet, comprised of a 2nd pattern fiberglass liner and a Manganese shell with a front seam with fixed bales shell that is complete with chin straps. To the front of the helmet is a nicely toned 29th Division Blue and Gray insignia. Under a loop and to the naked eye, this helmet is a one looker as far as originality. The M-1 helmet was developed as a replacement for the M-1917 helmet that had seen use since WW1. It was designed by using the crown of the M-1917, removing the brim and adding extensions to protect the neck, ears, and forehead. The resulting form was then used as a template for the production of a helmet body from a single piece of Hadfield Manganese Steel. The liner and suspension were developed after a modified Riddel Football helmet. The M-1 helmet was approved for production in June of 1941. Early models had solid loops (fixed bale) for the chin straps but they broke off to often and were replaced with a moveable hinged loop. The original rim of the helmet was made of stainless steel but it was found that the paint that was used would wear off to easily and leave a shiny reflective surface. To remedy this they switched to a Hadfield Manganese Steel and also changed the butt of the rim from the front to the rear of the helmet body. This change took place in October of 1944. Characteristics of any helmet developed up to then and could with stand the force from a 230 grain, .45 caliber bullet with a velocity of 800 feet per second. The fiber liner’s specifications were to be a one piece rigid fiber form that would be water proof. A piece of olive drab gaberdine was affixed to it to meet this specification.
World War II
At the outbreak of World War II, the U.S. Army began buildup and reorganization of its fighting forces. The division was called into active service on 3 February 1941. Elements of the division were then sent to Fort Meade, Maryland for training. The 57th and 58th Infantry Brigades were inactivated as part of an army-wide removal of brigades from divisions. Instead, the core units of the division were its three infantry regiments, along with supporting units. On 12 March 1942, over three months after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the subsequent American entrance into World War II, with this reorganization complete the division was redesignated as the 29th Infantry Division and began preparing for overseas deployment to Europe.
Order of battle
Headquarters, 29th Infantry Division
115th Infantry Regiment
116th Infantry Regiment
175th Infantry Regiment
Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 29th Infantry Division Artillery
110th Field Artillery Battalion (105 mm)
111th Field Artillery Battalion (105 mm)
224th Field Artillery Battalion (105 mm)
227th Field Artillery Battalion (155 mm)
121st Engineer Combat Battalion
104th Medical Battalion
29th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop (Mechanized)
Headquarters, Special Troops, 29th Infantry Division
Headquarters Company, 29th Infantry Division
729th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company
29th Quartermaster Company
29th Signal Company
Military Police Platoon
Band
29th Counterintelligence Corps Detachment
The 29th Infantry Division, under the command of Major General Leonard Gerow, was sent to England on 5 October 1942 on RMS Queen Mary. It was based throughout England and Scotland, where it immediately began training for an invasion of northern Europe across the English Channel. In May 1943 the division moved to the Devon–Cornwall peninsula and started conducting simulated attacks against fortified positions. At this time the division was assigned to V Corps of the U.S. First Army. In July the divisional commander, Major General Gerow, was promoted to command V Corps and Major General Charles Hunter Gerhardt assumed command of the division, remaining in this post for the rest of the war.
Operation Overlord
D-Day of Operation Neptune, the cross-channel invasion of Normandy, finally came on June 6, 1944. Neptune was the assault phase of the larger Operation Overlord, codename for the Allied campaign to liberate France from the Germans. The 29th Infantry Division sent the 116th Infantry to support the western flank of the veteran 1st Infantry Division's 16th Infantry at Omaha Beach. Omaha was known to be the most difficult of the five landing beaches, due to its rough terrain and bluffs overlooking the beach, which had been well fortified by its German defenders of the 352nd Infantry Division. The 116th Infantry was assigned four sectors of the beach; Easy Green, Dog Red, Dog White, and Dog Green. Soldiers of the 29th Infantry Division boarded a large number of attack transports for the D-Day invasion, among them landing craft, landing ship, tank, and landing ship, infantry ships and other vessels such as the SS Empire Javelin, USS Charles Carroll, and USS Buncombe County.
 As the ships were traveling to the beach, the heavy seas, combined with the chaos of the fighting caused most of the landing force to be thrown off-course and most of the 116th Infantry missed its landing spots. Most of the regiment's tank support, launched from too far off-shore, foundered and sank in the channel. The soldiers of the 116th Infantry were the first to hit the beach at 0630, coming under heavy fire from German fortifications. Company A, from the Virginia National Guard in Bedford was annihilated by overwhelming fire as it landed on the 116th's westernmost section of the beach, along with half of Company C of the 2nd Ranger Battalion which was landing to the west of the 116th. The catastrophic losses suffered by this small Virginia community led to it being selected for the site of the National D-Day Memorial. The 1st Infantry Division's forces ran into similar fortifications on the eastern half of the beach, suffering massive casualties coming ashore. By 0830, the landings were called off for lack of space on the beach, as the Americans on Omaha Beach were unable to overcome German fortifications guarding the beach exits. Lieutenant General Omar Nelson Bradley, commanding the American First Army, considered evacuating the survivors and landing the rest of the divisions elsewhere. However, by noon, elements of the American forces had been able to organize and advance off the beach, and the landings resumed. By nightfall, the division headquarters landed on the beach with about 60 percent of the division's total strength, and began organizing the push inland. On 7 June, a second wave of 20,000 reinforcements from both the 1st and 29th Divisions was sent ashore. By the end of D-Day, 2,400 men from the two divisions had become casualties on Omaha Beach. Added to casualties at other beaches and air-drops made the total casualties for the Normandy landings 6,500 Americans and 3,000 British and Canadians, lighter numbers than expected. The entire division had landed in Normandy by 7 June. By 9 June, Omaha Beach was secure and the division occupied Isigny. On 14 July, the division was reassigned to XIX Corps, part of the First Army, itself part of the 12th Army Group.
Breakout
The division cut across the Elle River and advanced slowly toward Saint-Lô, fighting bitterly in the Normandy hedge rows. German reserves formed a new defensive front outside the town, and American forces fought a fierce battle with them two miles outside of the town. German forces used the dense bocage foliage to their advantage, mounting fierce resistance in house-to-house fighting in the ravaged Saint-Lô. By the end of the fight, the Germans were relying on artillery support to hold the town following the depletion of the infantry contingent. The 29th Division, which was already undermanned after heavy casualties on D-Day, was even further depleted in the intense fighting for Saint-Lô. Eventually, the 29th was able to capture the city in a direct assault, supported by airstrikes from P-47 Thunderbolts.
After taking Saint-Lô, on 18 July, the division joined in the battle for Vire, capturing that strongly held city by 7 August. it continued to face stiff German resistance as it advanced to key positions southeast of Saint-Lô It was then reassigned to V Corps, and then again to VIII Corps. Turning west, the 29th took part in the assault on Brest which lasted from 25 August until 18 September. After a short rest, the division returned to XIX Corps and moved to defensive positions along the Teveren-Geilenkirchen line in Germany and maintained those positions through October. On 16 November, the division began its drive to the Roer River, blasting its way through Siersdorf, Setterich, Durboslar, and Bettendorf, and reaching the Roer by the end of the month. Heavy fighting reduced Jülich Sportplatz and the Hasenfeld Gut on 8 December.
From 8 December 1944 to 23 February 1945, the division was assigned to XIII Corps and held defensive positions along the Rur and prepared for the next major offensive. The division was reassigned to XIX Corps, and the attack jumped off across the Rur on 23 February, and carried the division through Jülich, Broich, Immerath, and Titz, to Mönchengladbach by 1 March 1945. The division was out of combat in March. In early April the division was reassigned to XVI Corps, where the 116th Infantry helped mop up in the Ruhr area. On 19 April 1945 the division, assigned to XIII Corps, pushed to the Elbe River and held defensive positions until 4 May. Meanwhile, the 175th Infantry cleared the Klotze Forest. After V-E Day, the division was on military duty in the Bremen enclave. It was assigned to XVI Corps again for this assignment.
Losses, decorations, demobilization
Casualties
Total battle casualties: 20,620
Killed in action: 3,887
Wounded in action: 15,541
Missing in action: 347
Prisoner of war: 845
From July 1943, the 29th Infantry Division was commanded by Major General Charles H. Gerhardt. The division had such a high casualty rate that it was said that Gerhardt actually commanded three divisions: one on the field of battle, one in the hospital and one in the cemetery. The 29th Infantry Division lost 3,887 killed in action, 15,541 wounded in action, 347 missing in action, 845 prisoners of war, in addition to 8,665 non-combat casualties, during 242 days of combat. This amounted to over 200 percent of the division's normal strength. The division, in turn, took 38,912 German prisoners of war.
Soldiers of the 29th Infantry Division were awarded five Medals of Honor, 44 Distinguished Service Crosses, one Distinguished Service Medal, 854 Silver Star Medals, 17 Legion of Merit Medals, 24 Soldier's Medals, 6,308 Bronze Star Medals, and 176 Air Medals during the conflict. The division itself was awarded four distinguished unit citations and four campaign streamers for the conflict.
The division remained on occupation duty until the end of 1945. Camp Grohn near Bremen was the division headquarters until January 1946. The 29th Infantry Division returned to the United States in January 1946 and was demobilized and inactivated on 17 January 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey.
Shipping Weight: 3.5 lbs
Your Price $2,500.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Waffen SS EM/NCO'S M43 Field Cap Einheitsfeldmütze M43
Item #: MCJ74

Click image to enlarge
Field-gray, wool construction cap features fold down back and side panels with a scalloped front edge and forward sides, and a single, pebbled, magnetic sheet metal button front closure. Back and side panels were designed to be folded down to protect the wearers ears and neck and the scalloped front section could be secured with the button closed under the wearers chin. Original skull and eagle insignia are also in excellent condition. Cap has an extended, cloth covered, forward visor with internal stiffener with raised lip to top of forward edge and a single row of reinforcement stitching to bottom of forward edge. Interior of cap is fully lined in green cotton/rayon. Maker markings and is also size marked 57.
The Allgemeine-SS, (General-SS), was originally formed in May 1923 as the Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler (Shock Troops Adolf Hitler), and was redesignated Schutz Staffel, (Protection Squad), in April 1925 with the official acceptance of the name verified on the second anniversary of the failed Munich "Beer-Hall" Putsch on November 9TH 1925. On January 6TH 1929 Heinrich Himmler was appointed as Reichsführer-SS, (National Leader {of the} SS), and on July 20TH 1934 shortly after the, June 30TH 1934, purge of the SA, Sturm Abteilung, (Storm/Assault Detachment), on the "Night of the Long Knives", the SS was rewarded by Hitler by being granted the status of an independent organization under direct control of the NSDAP, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (National Socialist German Worker’s Party). From its inception the SS began an aggressive policy of expansion which resulted in the formation of the SS-SD, SS-Sicherheitsdienst und Sicherheitspolizei, (SS-Security Service and Security Police), in June 1931, the SS-VT, SS-Verfügungstruppe, (SS-Special Purpose Troops), and the SS-TV, SS-Totenkopfverbände, (SS-Death’s Head Units), in March 1933 which would eventually evolve into the Waffen-SS, (Armed-SS), in December 1939. The field-grey M43 field cap was originally introduced in the German army on June 11TH 1943 as a replacement cap for other field caps then in use and was adopted for wear in the Waffen-SS on October 1ST 1943. The design of the M43 field cap was based on the earlier M42 Feldmütze, (Overseas cap), and the Mountain Troopers Bergmütze, (Mountain Cap), with minor variations. On its introduction a black version was also introduced for wear by Panzer personnel. Officer’s M43 field caps from the rank of SS-Untersturmführer up to Reichsführer-SS, were distinguished from EM/NCO’s caps by the addition of silver piping to the top crown edge and, on occasion, to the scalloped forward edge of the fold down panels as well. Generally the early versions of the M43 cap came with a two button front retainer while the later versions reduced it to a single button. The insignia utilized on the M43 field caps consisted of the SS pattern Totenkopf, (Death’s Head), as introduced in October 1934 and the SS pattern national eagle as introduced in February 1936. The cap insignia could be applied to the front center of the cap in one or two pieces, or separately with the Totenkopf applied to the front center and the eagle applied to the left side panel although it appears that both pieces of insignia applied to the front center was the most common application. SS Officers and certain senior NCO ranks were responsible for purchasing their own uniforms and headgear and as a result the SS established the SS-Kleiderkasse, (Clothing Account), system in Munich in 1935. The Officers and certain senior NCO’s were allotted a one time clothing allowance from the government with the amount varying depending on the individuals rank. The Officers and certain senior NCO’s could choose to purchase privately tailored garments and headgear of higher quality although the price may have been restrictive. Of Note: With the fall of Germany’s Italian allies as a result of Mussolini’s deposition and imprisoned on July 25TH 1943 and the subsequent Italian unconditional surrender to the allied forces on September 8TH 1943 the Germans appropriated large stockpiles of Italian clothing and equipment. As a result a large percentage of later Waffen-SS uniforms and headgear items, primarily Officer’s versions, were manufactured in the field-grey Italian material.
Shipping Weight: 1 lb
Your Price $2,600.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Luftwaffe Dive Bombers Squadron Clasp In Bronze By G.H. Osang
Item #: VF4952

Click image to enlarge
Die struck, two piece, Buntmetall construction clasp with a bronze finish. The clasp is in the form of a central, circular, embossed, laurel leaf wreath, with a static swastika superimposed to the bottom center, encompassing a separate, cut-out, downward pointing, winged bomb. The winged bomb is secured to the clasp with a single flush rivet which is visible on the reverse. The clasp has three parallel rows of embossed oak-leaves extending horizontally outward from either side of the central wreath. The clasp shows nice detailing. The reverse of the clasp has a soldered, solid type hinge, a broad tapering horizontal pin, and catch all intact. Maker marked to the reverse G.H. Osang, Dresden.
The Heavy, Medium and Dive Bombers Operational Flying Clasp was introduced by Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring on January 30TH 1941, along with two other clasps, in a series of eight that were instituted at different points through-out the war to recognize the increasing number of operational flights achieved by specialized Luftwaffe personnel. All eight of the clasps were awarded in three grades of, Bronze for twenty operational flights, Silver for sixty operational flights, and Gold for one hundred ten operational flights. Besides the original three clasps five more Operational flying clasps were introduced between November 1941 and April 1944, and by mid-1942 many pilots and air crews were surpassing the number of Operational flights required for award of the clasps, so on June 26TH 1942, Reichsmarschall Herman Göring introduced a star burst pendant device to recognize operational flights over one hundred and ten. In the case of the heavy, medium and dive bombers clasps the star burst pendant device signified four hundred operational flights. On April 29TH 1944 a numbered pendant was introduced as personnel’s operational flight numbers even exceeded the prescribed number required for the star-burst pendant. The numbered pendants began at "200" and went up as high as "2000" in increments of one hundred.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $450.00 USD