Search Our Catalog

Newly Added Items

WWII US Army Airborne Paratrooper Glider Artillery Officer Overseas Cap Patch
Item #: VF4584

Click image to enlarge
Stone mint WWII issued artillery paratrooper glider cap badge embroidered on twill. As with all my items, guaranteed to meet your expectations or your money back. Patch does not react to Uv light.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $45.00 USD

WWII German Nazi Hitler Youth HJ Flak Helpers Field Hat HJ Luftwaffenhelfer Feldmütze
Item #: VF4583

Click image to enlarge
A grey wool visored cap with doubled-up, fold-down side panels, in the same material as the one-piece crown and two-piece body of the cap, which narrow and slope towards the front where they are fastened by a pebbled metal button and buttonhole. A vertical seam is to the rear of these fold-down panels. Sewn over the forward seam line of the body is a 1" tall Hitler Youth emblem, in the form of a black mobile swastika to the center of a diamond, with white fields to its left and right, and red fields above and below. Its stiffened visor is also covered in grey wool. The interior is fully lined in grey, quilted rayon, and features, ink stamped a horizontal rectangle, divided horizontally in two, with "0/2008/0004" to its upper portion, and a "58" size marking with a "43" date to the lower portion. Nice untouched example with all original stitching to the insignia.
Beginning early in the war, Hitler Youth personnel performed a wide variety of jobs which freed up men for active military service, among them postal delivery, messenger services, fire fighting assistance, crop harvesting, and air-raid assistance. By late 1942, due to the deteriorating war situation and the increase in allied air-raids on Germany, the "Reichsjugendführung" (National-youth-leadership), in collaboration with the RLM, "Reichsluftfahrtministerium" (National-aviation-ministry), began the formation of the "Kriegshilfeinsatz der deutschen Jugend bei der Luftwaffe" (War-assistance-action of-the german Youth within the Air-force), which were to become active as of January of 1943. The regulations stated that all HJ personnel who had reached the age of fifteen were to "volunteer" for auxiliary service in the Luftwaffe, until they were called up for military service at the age of eighteen. Although the auxiliary service could be performed in any branch of the Luftwaffe, the most common branch of service was with the air-raid defence units. The majority of the personnel to serve as flak helpers were recruited from the "Flieger-HJ" (Flying[-formations] [of-the] - Hitler Youth), although youths were marshaled from all branches of the HJ. Originally, those employed as flak helpers wore their HJ uniforms, until June of 1943, when new uniforms and insignia were authorized.
Shipping Weight: 0.9 lb
Your Price $320.00 USD

WWII German Nazi Luftwaffe Pilot Badge Flugzeugführerabzeichen
Item #: VF4582

Click image to enlarge
Nice quality nickel/silver plated and burnished dark grey finished, die struck alloy construction two piece badge is in the form of a vertically oval, wreath with a separate spread winged eagle in flight, clutching a canted swastika in it’s talons, mounted on the wreath. The eagle is attached to the wreath by two, small, dome headed rivets which are visible to the reverse. The vertically oval wreath features embossed laurel leaves to the right side and oak-leaves to the left side. The nicely convexed wreath and the highly vaunted eagle both show nice detailing including intricate feathering to the wings, cut-outs to the swastika and high relief details to the wreath. The eagle’s wings extend beyond both sides of the wreath. The smooth reverse of the wreath has a soldered, barrel type hinge, a thin round vertical pin, and catch all intact. The reverse of the eagle is not marked.
The pilot’s qualification badge was originally introduced on January 19TH 1935 for award to personnel of the DLV, Deutscher Luftsportsverband Fliegerschaft, (German Air Sports Association, Pilot Base), the clandestine, civilian forerunner of the Luftwaffe, who had achieved their pilot’s license. The badge was officially adopted by the Luftwaffe on March 26TH 1936, by order of Hermann Göring. The pilot’s badge was awarded on an individual basis to personnel who had successfully completed the appropriate theory and flight training and had achieved their military pilot’s license. As with other flyer’s specialty badges a cloth version of the pilot’s badge was authorized for wear on the flight blouse with a machine embroidered pattern for EM/NCO’s and a hand embroidered pattern for Officers. Of Note: Originally the cloth version of the pilot’s badge was only authorized for wear by Officers ranks until regulations of November 18TH 1937 extended the authorized wear of the cloth versions to EM/NCO’s. Further regulations of May 8TH 1942 discontinued production of the cloth versions although they continued to worn through-out the war.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $750.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Cased 1st Class Spange to the Iron Cross by B.H. Mayer
Item #: VF4581

Click image to enlarge
A mint Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz by B.H. Mayer’s Type B variation with veins. This was awarded to those who has already received the imperial 1st class Iron Cross and earned the 1st class Iron Cross again in WWII. It is constructed out of a die-struck tombak base that has been silver washed. The obverse features a National open winged eagle clutching a wreathed swastika within its talons, above a trapezoid bannered "1939”. The reverse shows a solid full back. This piece has the correct; soldered on barrel hinge, soldered on round/rectangular wire catch and straight pin. All components are non-magnetic. The silver wash displays wonderfully with gorgeous highlights and detail! It measures approximately 1 ¾ inches wide by 1 ¼ inches tall. The award comes housed in its appropriate case. It is constructed out of wood and pressed cardboard, with a grained simulated black leather covering. The top features a silvered Spange emblem. To the front is a magnetic, rectangular spring loaded, steel closure button. To the back is a magnetic, staggered, internal bar hinge. The hinge and the closure button continue to function well. The interior top lid is lined in pearl satin and has an underlying pad. The bottom interior of the case is made of a black felt covered cardboard and outlines the pin, hinge and catch assembly. It measures approximately 21 5/8 inches wide and long by ¾ of an inch thick. See page 527 of Maerz and Stimson’s "The Iron Cross 1st Class”. A mint textbook example to add to your collection.
On March 10TH 1813, Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm III established the Iron Cross as a temporary award for bestowal during times of war. Originally the Iron Cross was introduced in three grades with a Grand Cross intended for award to Senior Commanders for successfully leading troops in combat and the First and Second classes for award to all ranks for bravery or merit in action. The Iron Cross’s were reinstituted by King Wilhelm I on July 19TH 1870 for award during the Franco-Prussian War and again on August 5TH 1914, by King Wilhelm II for award during WWI. On September 1ST 1939 Hitler once more reinstituted the Iron Cross series of awards in the First and Second Classes and established the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross and two new Spangen, (Bars), for the first and second class awards to be bestowed to recipients of the 1939 Iron Cross who had also been awarded a first or second class 1914 Iron Cross during WWI. Originally the first pattern of this award had slightly scalloped tips to the ends of the date bar which was soon replaced with the second pattern award with diagonally angled ends.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $850.00 USD

WWII Australian Made 1st US Marine Division Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Guadalcanal
Item #: VF4580

Click image to enlarge
WWII US Marine Corps Australian Made 1st US Marine Division Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. Patch is to the period of WWII and does not react to Uv. light.

World War II

A Marine of the 1st Marine Regiment on Guadalcanal.
a black and white image of two Marines in their combat uniforms. One Marine is providing cover fire with his M1 Thompson submachinegun as the other with a Browning Automatic Rifle, prepares to break cover to move to a different position. There are bare sticks and rocks on the ground.
Marines of 1st Marine Division fighting on Okinawa, 1945.

The 1st Marine Division was activated aboard the USS Texas on 1 February 1941. The division's units were scattered over the Pacific with the support elements and the 1st Marine Regiment transported in route to New Zealand on three ships, the USATs Ericsson, Barnett and Elliott from Naval Reserve Air Base Oakland to New Zealand, and later were landed on the island of Guadalcanal, part of the Solomon Islands, on 7 August 1942.

Initially only the 7th Marine Regiment was in garrison on British Samoa, with the 5th Marine Regiment having just encamped at Wellington, New Zealand after disembarking from USAT Wakefield, and the 1st Marine Regiment not scheduled to arrive in New Zealand until 11 July. The 1st Raider Battalion was on New Caledonia, and the 3rd Defense Battalion was in Pearl Harbor. All of the division's units, with the 11th Marines (artillery) and 75mm howitzer armed 10th Marines battalion would rendezvous at Fiji.

Due to the change in orders and shortage of attack and combat cargo vessels, all of the division's 2.5 ton trucks, M1918 155-mm howitzers and the sound and flash-ranging equipment needed for counter-battery fire had to be left in Wellington. Also, because the Wellington dock workers were on strike at the time, the Marines had to do all the load reconfiguration from administrative to combat configuration.

After 11 days of logistical challenges, the division, with 16,000 Marines, departed Wellington in eighty-nine ships embarked for the Solomon Islands with a 60-day combat load which did not include tents, spare clothing or bed rolls, office equipment, unit muster rolls or pay clerks. Other things not yet available to this first wave of Marine deployments were insect repellent and mosquito netting. Attached to the division was the 1st Parachute Battalion, which along with the rest of the division, conducted landing rehearsals from 28 to 30 July on Koro Island, which Major General Alexander Vandegrift described as a "disaster".

On 31 July the entire Marine task force was placed under the command of Vice Admiral Frank J. Fletcher's Task Force 61. The division as a whole would fight in the Battle of Guadalcanal until relieved at 1400 on 9 December 1942 by Alexander Patch's Americal Division. This operation won the Division its first of three World War II Presidential Unit Citations (PUC). The battle would cost the division 650 killed in action, 1,278 wounded in action with a further 8,580 contracting malaria and 31 missing in action. Others were awarded for the battles of Peleliu and Okinawa.

Following the Battle of Guadalcanal, the division's Marines were sent to Melbourne, Australia for rest and refit. It was during this time that the division took the traditional Australian folk song "Waltzing Matilda" as its battle hymn. To this day, 1st Division Marines still ship out to this song being played.

The division would next see action during Operation Cartwheel which was the codename for the campaigns in Eastern New Guinea and New Britain. They came ashore at the Battle of Cape Gloucester on 26 December 1943 and fought on New Britain until February 1944 at such places as Suicide Creek and Ajar Ridge. During the course of the battle the division had 310 killed and 1,083 wounded. Following the battle they were sent to Pavuvu in the Russell Islands for rest and refitting.

The next battle for the 1st Marine Division would be the bloodiest yet at the Battle of Peleliu. They landed on 15 September 1944 as part of the III Amphibious Corps assault on the island. The division's commanding general, Major General William H. Rupertus had predicted the fighting would be, "...tough but short. It'll be over in three or four days – a fight like Tarawa. Rough but fast. Then we can go back to a rest area." Making a mockery of the prediction, the first week of the battle alone cost the division 3,946 casualties, during which time they secured the key airfield sites. The division fought on Peleliu for one month before being relieved. Some of the heaviest fighting of the entire war took place in places such as Bloody Nose Ridge and the central ridges of the island that made up the Umurbrogol Pocket. The month of fighting against the 14th Division (Imperial Japanese Army) on Peleliu cost the 1st Marine Division 1,252 dead and 5,274 wounded.

The final campaign the division would take part in during World War II would be the Battle of Okinawa. The strategic importance of Okinawa was that it provided a fleet anchorage, troop staging areas, and airfields in close proximity to Japan. The division landed on 1 April 1945 as part of the III Amphibious Corps. Its initial mission was, fighting alongside the 6th Marine Division, to clear the northern half of the island – that they were able to do expeditiously. The Army's XXIV Corps met much stiffer resistance in the south, and in late April the Marine division was moved south where it relieved the Army's 27th Infantry Division. The division was in heavy fighting on Okinawa until 21 June 1945, when the island was declared secure. The 1st Marine Division slugged it out with the Japanese 32nd Army at such places as Dakeshi Ridge, Wana Ridge, "Sugarloaf Hill" and Shuri Castle. Fighting on Okinawa cost the division 1,655 killed in action.

Following the surrender of Japan, the division was sent to Northern China as the lead combat element of the III Amphibious Corps with the primary mission of repatriating more than 650,000 Japanese soldiers and civilians still resident in that part of China. They landed at Taku on 30 September 1945 and would be based in Hopeh Province in the cities of Tientsin and Peiping, and also on the Shandong Peninsula, with the Chinese Civil War between the Kuomintang and Chinese Communist Party raging around them. Most Marines in the division would be charged with guarding supply trains, bridges and depots to keep food and coal moving into the cities. During this time they increasingly fought skirmishes with soldiers from the People's Liberation Army who saw the railways and other infrastructure as attractive targets to ambush, raid, and harass.

By the summer of 1946 the division was suffering the effects of demobilization and its combat efficiency had dropped below wartime standards; however, its commitments in China remained. As it became increasingly apparent that a complete collapse of truce negotiations among the Chinese factions was apparent, plans were laid for the withdrawal of all Marine units from Hopeh. The last elements of the division finally left China on 1 September 1947.

Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $100.00 USD

WWII US Army Air Corps 371st Fighter Group Patch
Item #: VF4578

Click image to enlarge
WWII US Army Air Corps, 371st Fighter Group flight jacket patch. This patch was designed by Col. Bingham T. Kleine and ultimately the unit changed it's insignia to the Frisky Fox in 1944. The patch is in excellent condition worthy in any collection. 
Constituted as 371st Fighter Group on 25 May 1943. Activated on 15 Jul 1943. Moved to the European theater during Feb-Mar 1944 and served in combat with Ninth AF from Apr 1944 to May 1945. Began operations, using P-47's, by making a fighter sweep over France. Flew fighter sweep, dive-bombing, and escort missions prior to the invasion of the Continent. Attacked railroads, trains, vehicles, gun emplacements, and buildings in France during the invasion of 6 Jun 1944. Patrolled beachhead areas and continued assaults against the enemy during the remainder of the Normandy campaign. Participated in the aerial barrage that prepared the way for the Allied breakthrough at St Lo on 25 Jul, and supported the subsequent drive across northern France. Operated in the area of northeastern France and southwestern Germany during the fall and winter of 1944-1945, attacking such targets as storage dumps, trains, rail lines, marshalling yards, buildings, factories, bridges, roads, vehicles, and strong points. Conducted operations that supported Allied ground action in the Battle of the Bulge, Dec 1944-Jan 1945. Launched a series of attacks against vehicles, factories, buildings, railroad cars, tanks, and gun emplacements during the period 15-21 Mar 1945, being awarded a DUC for this six-day action that contributed to the defeat of the enemy in southern Germany. Continued operations until May 1945. Returned to the US, Oct-Nov 1945. Inactivated on 10 Nov 1945.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $375.00 USD

WWII German Nazi Wehrmacht Single Decal Helmet Stahlhelm M42
Item #: VF4577

Click image to enlarge
The stamped, sheet steel construction helmet retains about 95% of its factory applied textured field-gray paint. The left side of the helmet has an Wehrmacht eagle shield decal featuring a silver eagle with down-swept wings, clutching a canted swastika in it’s talons on a black, shield, shaped base. The decal is retained about 98%. All three liner retaining rivets are all intact. The interior of the helmet has a M31, leather liner with all eight of its original fingers intact. Liner is size marked 56. The reverse, interior, neck guard apron has a faint, stamped serial number and the manufacturer’s code and size, "CKL66", indicating manufacture by Eisen-und Hüttenwerke, AG Thale/Harz, size 66. The helmet comes with a blackened leather partial chinstrap.
The first "modern" steel helmets were introduced by the French army in early 1915 and were shortly followed by the British army later that year. With plans on the drawing board, experimental helmets in the field, ("Gaede" helmet), and some captured French and British helmets the German army began tests for their own steel helmet at the Kummersdorf Proving Grounds in November, and in the field in December 1915. An acceptable pattern was developed and approved and production began at Eisen-und Hüttenwerke, AG Thale/Harz, in the spring of 1916. These first modern M16 helmets evolved into the M18 helmets by the end of WWI. The M16 and M18 helmets remained in usage through-out the Weimar Reichswehr, (National Defence {Force}), (Circa 1919-1933), era and on into the early years of the Third Reich until the development of the smaller, lighter M35 style helmet in June 1935. In an effort to reduced construction time and labor costs minor modifications were introduced in March 1940 resulting in the M40 helmet. Further construction modifications were undertaken in August 1942 resulting in the M42 helmet. Originally the Third Reich national tri-color helmet decal was introduced on March 14TH 1933 for wear on the left side of the helmet to replace the Reichswehr era state shield insignia. Regulations of February 17TH 1934 introduced the Wehrmacht eagle decal and the national tri-color decal was shifted to the right side of the helmet with the Wehrmacht eagle decal positioned on the left hand side. Regulations of March 21ST 1940 dictated that the national tri-color decal was to be removed from all helmets and further regulations of August 28TH 1943 abolished the Wehrmacht eagle decal and dictated that it was also to be removed from all helmets although the directives were not completely adhered to.
Shipping Weight: 5 lbs
Your Price $700.00 USD

WWII Nazi German Wehrmacht Pioneer Battalion 34 Lidded Ceramic Beer Stein
Item #: VF4575

Click image to enlarge
WWII German Wehrmacht remembrance of service ceramic beer stein, 50mm tall. The stein is for the commemoration of 4. (E.) komp. Pionier-Batl.34 in Koblenz in remembrance of his time in service and is named to Pionier Martin. Nice large helmet to the top of the lid. An underlined ".05 L." (1/2 Liter) mark is inscribed to the upper left facing side. Excellent condition with the expected light age. Nice.
Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
Your Price $400.00 USD

WW1 US Mk II KJ Gas Grenade With Rare MK II Fuze
Item #: VF4574

Click image to enlarge
Very rare WW1 US Mk II KJ gas grenade with the rare MK II fuze with correct short spoon. The KJ gas type was filled with a pressurized stannic chloride filler at 50 p.s.i.. It was used to clear bunkers and make dugouts uninhabitable. Production difficulties lead to the redesigned non-pressurized Mk.V grenade using a solid CN filler. This was a combustible mix which burned and produced gas that vented out holes drilled around the top of the body (covered with tape). This concept continues to be used today. Body and fuze are in good condition retaining most of the original green paint.
AS PER PAYPAL REGULATIONS, THIS ITEM CANNOT BE PAID FOR USING PAYPAL DURING CHECKOUT!
Shipping Weight: 0.8 lb
Your Price $500.00 USD

WWII German Nazi Waffen SS EM/NCO'S Belt Buckle Koppelschloß
Item #: VF4573

Click image to enlarge
Die stamped, steel construction, (Circa 1940-1943), box belt buckle features a smooth, outer field with a high relief, embossed, central motif pattern consisting of an SS style national eagle with out-stretched wings, clutching a wreath, encompassing a static swastika. The swastika and wreath are in turn encompassed by a circular, simulated, twisted rope border with the Gothic script motto, "Meine Ehre heißt Treue!", (My Honour is Loyalty!). The script is situated on a subtly textured background field and is encircled by the inner and the outer simulated twisted rope borders. The reverse of the buckle is a mirror image of the obverse and the brazed buckle catch, prong bar and prongs are all intact. The reverse of the buckle is a mirror image of the obverse and has the brazed buckle catch, prong bar and prongs all intact. Unmarked. Buckle retains about 60% of its original silver wash and has a beautiful patina with original belt remnant as taken from the Veteran who brought the item back.
The Allgemeine-SS, (General-SS), was originally formed in May 1923 under the auspices of the SA, Sturm Abteilung, (Storm/Assault Detachment), as the Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler (Shock Troops), and was redesignated Schutz Staffel, (Protection Squad), in April 1925 with the official acceptance of the name verified on the second anniversary of the failed Munich "Beer-Hall" Putsch on November 9TH 1925. As a subordinate unit to the SA, early SS personnel wore the standard SA style box belt buckle. It is believed that Adolf Hitler personally designed a new pattern box belt buckle specifically for wear by SS EM/NCO personnel with the manufacturing patent being originally granted to the Overhoff & Cie. firm in Lüdenscheid. This new style buckle was adopted for wear by EM/NCO personnel in late 1931 or early 1932. Generally the early buckles were produced in solid nickel/silver until sometime in 1936 when aluminum alloys replaced the nickel/silver versions. In 1940 the EM/NCO’s belt buckles began to be manufactured in steel replacing the aluminum alloy buckles. Of Note: The RZM, Reichzeugmeisterei, (National Equipment Quartermaster), was officially founded in June 1934 in Munich by the NSDAP, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (National Socialist German Worker’s Party), as a Reich Hauptamt, (State Central Office), and was based on the earlier SA Quartermaster’s Department. The functions of the RZM were not only to procure and distribute items to Party formations, but also to approve chosen designs and to act as a quality control supervisor to ensure items manufactured for the Party met required specification and were standardized. Starting in late 1934 items manufactured for the SS came under the quality control of the RZM and as a result were to be marked with the RZM/SS approval/acceptance mark. In 1943 the Waffen-SS assumed full control over their uniform item production and no longer fell under the authority of the RZM.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $500.00 USD

WWII Remember Pearl Harbor Glasses Dec. 7th 1941
Item #: VF4572

Click image to enlarge
two mint condition, "Remember Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, 1941" Glasses. Each is in a clear glass with a colorful scene which is described: Blue waves of the ocean with white Palm Trees on a island labeled: Pearl Harbor. There is another island labeled "Hawaii" with more Palm Trees. On the other side of the glass there is 2 larger red airplanes with 5 smaller white ones and a military ship in the water below. The whole scene encircles most of the glass and "Remember Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, 1941" is centered on the front top of the glass. This is the depicted scene on each glass. Each glass in in very good & vintage condition. No chips or cracks noted. Each is approx.: 4 3/4"T X 2 3/8".

The attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise military strike by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service against the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Territory, on the morning of December 7, 1941. The attack, also known as the Battle of Pearl Harbor, led to the United States' entry into World War II. The Japanese military leadership referred to the attack as the Hawaii Operation and Operation AI, and as Operation Z during its planning.

Japan intended the attack as a preventive action to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from interfering with military actions they planned in Southeast Asia against overseas territories of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States. Over the next seven hours there were coordinated Japanese attacks on the U.S.-held Philippines, Guam and Wake Island and on the British Empire in Malaya, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

The attack commenced at 7:48 a.m. Hawaiian Time (18:18 UTC). The base was attacked by 353 Imperial Japanese aircraft (including fighters, level and dive bombers, and torpedo bombers) in two waves, launched from six aircraft carriers. All eight U.S. Navy battleships were damaged, with four sunk. All but the USS Arizona were later raised, and six were returned to service and went on to fight in the war. The Japanese also sank or damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship, and one minelayer. 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed; 2,403 Americans were killed and 1,178 others were wounded. Important base installations such as the power station, dry dock, shipyard, maintenance, and fuel and torpedo storage facilities, as well as the submarine piers and headquarters building (also home of the intelligence section), were not attacked. Japanese losses were light: 29 aircraft and five midget submarines lost, and 64 servicemen killed. One Japanese sailor, Kazuo Sakamaki, was captured.

The surprise attack came as a profound shock to the American people and led directly to the American entry into World War II in both the Pacific and European theaters. The following day, December 8, the United States declared war on Japan, and several days later, on December 11, Germany and Italy declared war on the U.S. The U.S. responded with a declaration of war against Germany and Italy. Domestic support for non-interventionism, which had been fading since the Fall of France in 1940, disappeared.

There were numerous historical precedents for unannounced military action by Japan, but the lack of any formal warning, particularly while negotiations were still apparently ongoing, led President Franklin D. Roosevelt to proclaim December 7, 1941, "a date which will live in infamy". Because the attack happened without a declaration of war and without explicit warning, the attack on Pearl Harbor was later judged in the Tokyo Trials to be a war crime.

Shipping Weight: 1 lb
Your Price $60.00 USD

Pre WWII SA Vertical Dagger Hanger
Item #: VF4571

Click image to enlarge
This is a form fit scabbard vertical hanger designed to carry and early SA dagger. The lower swivel portion slides on to the scabbard, and fits the contour of the upper fitting. The upper portion of the hanger supports a plated clip which holds a belt D ring fastened to a brown leather strap. All of the leather is in excellent supple condition. These prototype SA dagger hangers are extremely rare, and this one is in very nice.
Shipping Weight: 0.8 lb
Your Price $450.00 USD

WWII US German Made Bullion Tank Destroyer Shoulder Patch
Item #: VF4568

Click image to enlarge
Beautiful WWII German made bullion tank destroyer shoulder sleeve insignia. Patch is in incredible condition worthy in any collection. This patch has been removed from the tunic. 
The tank destroyer battalion was a type of unit used by the United States Army during World War II. The unit was organized in one of two different forms—a towed battalion equipped with anti-tank guns, or a self-propelled battalion equipped with Self-propelled guns. The tank destroyers were formed in response to the German use of massed formations of armored units early in WW2. The tank destroyer concept envisioned the battalions acting as independent units that would respond at high speed to enemy tank attacks. In this role they would be attached to divisions or corps. In practice, they were usually attached to infantry divisions. Over one hundred battalions were formed, of which more than half saw combat service. The force was disbanded shortly after the end of the war when the concept had been shown to be unsound.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $450.00 USD

WWII Nazi German 1942 Shooting Competition Badge In Gold Kufstein
Item #: VF4567

Click image to enlarge
Badge in gilt zinc, 36mm x 44mm, pin back, marked on reverse "C. Poellath Schrobenhausen”, in fine condition.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $120.00 USD

WWII Nazi German 1939 HJ Sporting Event Badge HJ Reichsportwettkampf Abzeichen
Item #: VF4566

Click image to enlarge
A cast alloy badge in the form of a "Tyr" rune, being an upward-pointing arrow, 47mm tall, with a gilt wash to its obverse. The edges of the obverse are raised, and within their borders are oak leaves and acorns, with "KAMPF SPIELE 1939" embossed near the center of the arrow. A vertical, metal pin-back is also present.  
Sports in the early period of the Third Reich had an underlying, subversive role as a form of military training, due to the restrictions imposed on the Germans by the Treaty of Versailles. As a result, sporting events were very highly regarded by the NSDAP, and all manner of awards were issued on a national and local level to the victorious athletes. Even after the treaty was ignored, and military conscription imposed, sporting events for the German youth were still held in high esteem as pre-military training and toughening-up exercises. From the end of 1934 onwards, Hitler Youth Sports Festivals were held throughout Germany. Originally called a "Sport-" or "Jugendfest," after 1937 they came to be known as "Reichsportwettkampf" (National-sport-competition[s]).
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $100.00 USD

Additional Pages
[Previous Page]  1  2  3  [Next Page]