Search Our Catalog

Headgear -
WWII Nazi German Luftwaffe Eagle Helmet Decal Abzeihbild für Stahlhelm
Item #: VF4883
N/A N/A N/A
Click on an image to enlarge
Lot of three, roughly, 1 3/4" tall, 2 7/8" wide, light weight paper base with a second pattern, (circa 1936-1937), Luftwaffe eagle decal. The reverse of the decal has a golden image of the eagle while the obverse has a blue printed outline with cross hair, centering lines and the blue printed manufacturer’s name and location, "Huber Jordan u. Koerner Nürnberg-O Abziehbilderfabrik". The obverse of the decal also has blue printed numerals, "(pr. No.31292) No.30654". The eagle has a roughly, 2 5/8" wingspan. The paper base shows light age but overall, all three are in excellent condition.
The first "modern" steel helmets were introduced by the French army in early 1915 and were shortly followed by the British army later that year. With plans on the drawing board, experimental helmets in the field, ("Gaede" helmet), and some captured French and British helmets the German army began tests for their own steel helmet at the Kummersdorf Proving Grounds in November, and in the field in December 1915. An acceptable pattern was developed and approved and production began at Eisen-und Hüttenwerke, AG Thale/Harz, in the spring of 1916. These first modern M16 helmets evolved into the M18 helmets by the end of WWI. The M16 and M18 helmets remained in usage through-out the Weimar Reichswehr era and on into the early years of the Third Reich until the development of the smaller, lighter M35 style helmet in June 1935. In an effort to reduced construction time and labor costs minor modifications were introduced in March 1940 resulting in the M40 helmet. Further construction modifications were undertaken in August 1942 resulting in the M42 helmet. The Luftwaffe pattern national eagle was originally introduced for wear by Fliegerschaft personnel on August 18TH 1934, and was adopted for wear by the Luftwaffe on March 1ST 1935. The first pattern national eagle was utilized until a slightly modified second pattern eagle was introduced in late 1936 or early 1937. Originally, (circa March 1935), Luftwaffe helmets were issued with the Luftwaffe eagle decal applied to the left hand side and the national tri-colored shield decal applied to the right hand side. Regulations of June 12TH 1940 discontinued the use of the national tri-color decal and further regulations of August 28TH 1943 abolished the national eagle decal and dictated that it was also to be removed from all helmets although the directives were not completely adhered to.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $165.00 USD
Select Quantity: