Allgemeine & Waffen SS -
WWII German Nazi Waffen SS Adolf Hitler EM/NCO Cufftitle (Ärmelstreiffen)
Item #: JJ10
I recently purchased a large amount of Veterans acquired SS insignia including several cufftitles and various volunteer and Dachau made insignia. Roughly, 31mm tall and 48cm long, full length, machine woven, black rayon construction cufftitle with "BeVo", machine woven, Sütterlin script, "Adolf Hitler" in silvery/gray rayon threads. The cufftitle is bordered at both the top and bottom edges with interwoven, vertically stitched, silvery/gray rayon threads. The full length cufftitle has the typical "salt & pepper" pattern reverse with folded over, machine stitched ends. One of the folded over ends has the machine woven, manufacturer’s trade name, "Bevo-Wuppertal", also in silvery/gray rayon threads indicating manufacture by Bandfabrik Ewald Vorsteher of Wuppertal. The cufftitle is in overall excellent, unissued condition.
The 1.SS-Panzer-Division LSSAH, (Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler), the premier unit of the Waffen-SS, (Armed-SS), had evolved from the Stabswache (Headquarter Guards), that were originally formed in March 1923. From its original inception it served under numerous designations until the tenth anniversary of the failed Beer Hall Putsch on the night of November 8TH/9TH 1933 when Hitler bestowed them with the honor title, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, (Life Regiment Adolf Hitler). The LSSAH underwent further expansions and designation until October 22ND 1943 when it received its final designation as 1.SS-Panzer-Division LSSAH, (Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler). The LSSAH personnel were first authorized wear of an honorary cufftitle, with Gothic style script, as early as September 1933. In 1934 the script on the cufftitle was changed to the Sütterlin style and remain in this form until the end of the war. The cufftitle underwent minor manufacturing variants through-out the war. Of Note: It is believed the BeVo machine woven pattern "Adolf Hitler" cufftitles were first introduced in 1943. Of Note: The RZM, Reichzeugmeisterei, (National Equipment Quartermaster), was officially founded in June 1934 in Munich by the NSDAP, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, (National Socialist German Worker’s Party), as a Reich Hauptamt, (State Central Office), and was based on the earlier SA, Sturm Abteilung, (Storm/Assault Detachment), Quartermaster’s Department. The functions of the RZM were not only to procure and distribute items to Party formations, but also to approve chosen designs and to act as a quality control supervisor to ensure items manufactured for the Party met required specification and were standardized. Starting in late 1934 items manufactured for the SS came under the quality control of the RZM and were marked by a cloth RZM/SS approval tag. The dimensions and design of these cloth tags was altered in 1935 and this second pattern tag remained in use until early 1938, when it was replaced by a paper tag. In 1943 the Waffen-SS assumed full control over their uniform item production and no longer fell under the authority of the RZM.
Shipping Weight: 0.6 lb
Your Price $1,300.00 USD